We are offering the new ICB Syllabus Courses. If you need to ask anything at all please call us on:
Our ICB Courses comply fully with the New ICB Qualifications and Syllabus (effective from 1 April 2014) which are aimed at getting ICB Students qualified quicker, within an enhanced Qualification Framework.
The new ICB Syllabus and Qualification levels are in line with National Occupational Standards.
We are proud to have no less than five Nominations in the ICB Luca Awards
We have been specialist providers of Book-Keeping & Accounts Distance Learning Courses for over 28 years. During this time we have received literally thousands of testimonials from delighted students.
Because we are a Small Distance Learning College we give our ICB students personalised one to one tuition. We pride ourselves on this because, over the years, our service has delighted our ICB Students, the majority of whom have received Distinctions in their ICB exams (see our testimonials page).
Our Principal, Brian J Harford FCCA,MICB is an award winning qualified Charted Certified Accountant with 36 years teaching experience in Bookkeeping & Accounts.
The success of Brian’s on line teaching is attributable to the fact that he has written the ICB Course Manuals in the same way as he would personally teach you on a ‘one to one’ basis.
Brian is a Chartered Certified Accountant, having been admitted as an associate in 1980, and to Fellowship in 1985. Brian has 36 years teaching experience including 17 years teaching Bookkeeping & Accounts on a part-time basis at the London Metropolitan University (formerly Guildhall University). During this time the vast majority of his students always achieved outstanding results in their respective Bookkeeping & Accounts examinations. This being due to his teaching style taking his students through their Courses on a ‘step by step’ basis using his Course material written with clarity and simplicity.
In addition to his teaching experience, Brian has 20 years practical experience working as a Chief Accountant in leading Financial Services Companies. This mainly involved Group Financial Reporting to the Board Members of various Companies. He also had responsibility for the training and career development of staff. This enabled him to apply his teaching experience in the workplace.
Brian provides VERY PROMPT (usually same day) personalised Tutorial Support by e mail/telephone 7 days a week. This timely feedback means that his ICB Students experience little or no ‘dead time’ waiting for feedback on submitted assignments. Thus they are motivated to proceed with their next lesson in a timely fashion.
Your tuition for your Manual ICB Courses will be given by Brian Harford. The vast majority of the ICB Students whom he has tutored have passed their ICB exams with Distinction. This gives them the confidence to then attain their goals of becoming a Self Employed Bookkeeper.
Tuition on our Sage 50 Courses is provided by Fiona Bradley MA BA FMAAT FIoC FIAB. Fiona is an award winning Sage tutor with over 20 years experience of advising and training on how to make the best use of Sage accounting software.
ICB Course fees include:
- Professionally written Course StudyText Manuals which specifically cover the ICB syllabus and are accredited by the ICB.
- All first class post and packing costs.
- Full personalised ‘one to one’ tutorial support by e mail and telephone, 7 days a week from Brian Harford (ICB Manual Courses) and Fiona Bradley (ICB Computerised Courses). Fiona Bradley is an accredited Sage business partner and the lead on Sage’s education project aiming to get industry standards into computerised accounting. She has over 20 years’ experience of advising and training small to medium sized businesses on how to make the best use of their Sage accounting software.
- Sage 50 Software and Sage StudyText Manuals.
- Access to Moodle, Sage Qualifications e-learning platform. Moodle will allow Woodgrove Tutorials’ ICB students the facility to support their learning environment with interactive tutorials, videos, quizzes, simulations, and the option to view their Course Materials as an eBook.
- Woodgrove Tutorials are proud to be one of the only ICB Training Providers offering a course written by Sage and mapped specifically to the ICB syllabus. Sage were the winners of the Software Provider of the Year Award at the ICB’s Luca Award Ceremony. The awards were presented to the winners by His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent GCVO, ICB Global’s Royal Patron.
- Mock exams
- Past papers for revision.
- First year’s ICB Student Membership
It is the Student’s responsibility to enter for their ICB exams and they do this from the ICB’S website.
Woodgrove Tutorials has been recommended by Lord Alan Sugar who has said in the National Press ‘I am more than happy to recommend your services’.